June 5 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
We are excited that you have a desire to be water baptized! Please note some things you need to understand about water baptism. Please have this form submitted by June 9th.
- Water baptism is a way to publicly proclaim that you have repented of your sins and received Jesus as your Savior. Water baptism happens AFTER you have received Jesus. We will ask you on this application to share your testimony of how you came to saving faith in Jesus. If you do not have such a testimony, then you need to talk to one of our Pastors about what it means to be “born again” BEFORE you are baptized. Please read Acts 2:37,38.
- When you are baptized in water, it represents that you are willing to die to your old way of life and live wholeheartedly for Jesus. If you are NOT SERIOUS about living for Jesus, then you are not yet ready to be water baptized. Please read Romans 6:3,4.
- If you were baptized in water when you were an infant, it is important to realize that nowhere in the Bible will you find infants being baptized. The order was always to first receive Jesus, then be baptized in water. Please read Matthew 28:19.
Please note some things you need to know for the day you will be baptized.
- You must come to the meeting which will be held before the service of which you will be baptized. It will be explained in more detail why you are being baptized, and the details of how it will happen.
- You should wear to service what you are going to be baptized in. There will NOT BE TIME to change before you are baptized. A recommendation is a pair of jeans and a dark T-shirt. Please do not wear anything that is immodest or inappropriate. Please ask if you have any questions about this.
- Bring along a CHANGE OF CLOTHES and a TOWEL. You will need to change after you are baptized. There are changing rooms in the baptism area.
- You will be asked to share a short testimony about how you came to receive Jesus right before you are baptized. Please note this is not about how you ended up at Eastern Assembly of God; this is about how you came to know Christ. Be short and concise. You need to be able to do this in a minute or two.
EXAMPLE OF A TESTIMONY: “A few months ago I was invited to Eastern Assembly by a friend. I was pretty skeptical when I first started attending, but God began to work on my heart. A few weeks ago I responded to an altar call and received Jesus Christ as my Savior. So much has changed since then and I am so grateful for what Jesus has done in my life. Today I want to get baptized in water because I want to follow Jesus with all of my heart.”
If you are under 18 years of age, you will need a parent or guardian to sign the below release statement in order for us to baptize you.
Your child has expressed an interest in being water baptized. Please understand they are not being baptized into our church, they are being baptized to express their desire to follow Jesus.
Your signature in the form below gives your permission for us to baptize your child. We certainly encourage you to come and support your child.
If you have any questions about what water baptism is about, please call the church office at 410-285-6010 to talk to a Pastor about this.